|FDP on Work Life Integration |
Centre for Organisational Research Learning and Development
A two-day Faculty Development Programme in Human Resource was conducted by the Centre for Organisational Research Learning and Development of Jansons School of Business on December 15-16, 2016. The theme was ‘Work Life Integration: Challenges and Best Practices’.
The objectives of the FDP were:
- To create a space where participants can discuss and widen their knowledge about work life integration.
- To provide a wide range of work life integration strategies for participants' own change.
- To offer practical inputs on work life integration which participants could take back to their classrooms and teach to their students.
There were 39 faculty members from 24 b-schools and management departments participated enthusiastically in the deliberations.
A poster competition was conducted as part of the programme. All participating institutions chose one of the following themes and presented a digital poster which was adjudicated by a panel of judges.
- My Work My Life
- Work Life India
- All Work No Life
Following were the winners of the poster competition:
- First Prize (Rs.20000/-): Dr.Sundari Suresh, Measi Institute of Management, Chennai
- Second Prize (Rs.15000/-): Dr.Anita Priya Raja, and Prof.Beena Joice, Gnanam School of Business, Thanjavur
- Third Prize (Rs.10000/-): Dr.Arul Kamaraj, Loyola College, Chennai
Dr. Swati Smita, Deputy General Manager, Tata Group HR from Mumbai inaugurated the programme with her workshop on ‘Diversity and Work Life Integration’. The FDP was concluded by a session on ‘Work Life Integration Practices in IT Industry’ by Mr. Prabhu Chari, Associate Director - HR, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Coimbatore. He also gave away certificates to the participants and prizes to the winners of the poster competition.
Sessions were also conducted by Prof. C. Suriyaprakash on ‘Happiness and Spirituality at Work’ and by Prof. S. Thiriveni Sripriya on ‘Enabling Factors to Work-Life Integration’.